My Husband. He is a leader, protector, wrestler, nursing student, and soon to be father. He is one of the most determined people I have ever met in my entire life. Once he sets his mind on something, nothing, I mean nothing, can knock him of course; unless of course, God changes his mind.
Husbands have such a huge role. God gives them a lot of responsibility that us wives, most of the time, overlook or forget. We think that we do so much and that we need to be praised, but in all actuality, the husband has a lot of weight on his shoulders. It is his job to provide for the family financially, spiritually, and physically. Husbands have to make sure that they are leading their families in the way God desires them to, not only in teaching, but in the way he lives out his own life.
Now, what do us wives do most of the time? We complain. We nag. We think about the things God needs to change about our husbands and why He is taking his time with them. This is completely wrong!!! We need to pray for our husbands!!! Were not going to pray for God to change them, sorry, we are going to pray for other things.
First things first, if we desire to see a change in our husbands, we first need to ask God to change us. Yes, I know, why us?? There’s nothing wrong with us, its them!! Right? WRONG!!! We need to pray for a change of heart, and mind. We nag, because we think we deserve to be served, we nag, because we think we deserve better. Reality check people, we do not! We do not deserve God’s mercy!!! So, remember, first pray for God to change you into who he desires you to be.
I am going to provide you with ten ways to pray for your husband…..
10 Ways to Pray for your Husband….
- His relationship with God….. 2 Peter 3:18, Proverbs 4:23
- God would bless him…. Proverbs 15:33, Eph. 6:6
- For him to be a spiritual leader for your family….1 Cor. 11:3, Eph. 5:25-29
- For him to love you deeply….Eph. 5:25-29, Col. 3:19, 1 Peter 3:7
- For him to have a heart for his children….Eph. 6:4, Col. 3:21
- for him to make wise choices….Gal. 5:13-15
- For his emotional, mental, and physical health Rom 12:1-2, 1 Cor. 6 :19
- For him to prosper at work…. 1 Cor. 15:58
- For him to have power to resist sexual temptation….Proverbs 5:15, Songs of Soloman 7:10, Eph. 5:3-5
- For us wives to show our husbands respect, grace, and kindness….Proverbs 31:11-12
Pray these things daily. The power of prayer is strong. If wives pray for their husbands, we’ll see a difference, not only in them, but also in us.